IT Consulting and Implementation Services
Sophus Consulting provides IT consulting and system implementation services supplied by senior technical staff that understand your organization and will help you leverage and extend select solutions to the fullest. Our staff possesses the legal domain and technical expertise necessary to design, provision, configure and maintain your IT solution. Our team has worked in all stages of IT initiatives and can work with you on a wide range of legal industry technical solutions including ProLaw, Time Matters, Law Manager, Abacus, OpenText, Alfresco, OnBase, M-Files, FileNet and many other legal technology products.
Our services include:
- Solutions design and application development
- Data migrations, analysis and transformation
- System upgrades
- Data integration and exchange
- Document management, assembly and workflow
- SQL performance optimization and tuning
- Application training delivered on-site or remotely using your data and roles specific processes
When you engage Sophus Consulting, you gain access to our library of legal and business process customizations resulting from 20 years of system implementations and domain specific solutions developed from a national spectrum of private, corporate, legal and law enforcement clients.
ProLaw Application Support Services (PASS®)
Sophus Consulting has worked with the ProLaw platform since its original v7 platform and brings a team with unsurpassed expertise in the application platform, integrations, and developing solutions to address specific practice areas, accounting integrations or business processes. The Sophus PASS® program is designed to provide clients with a support alternative or augmentation to your firm’s IT or service desk staff. This support option provides ProLaw certified consulting services to address issues related to ProLaw usage and problem resolution. Our team is committed to ensuring the success of our clients by applying department specific knowledge of business processes and workflow to better understand application support questions, service requests and management consulting needs.
Sophus PASS® services include:
- General support available on a scheduled basis or prioritized based on severity of issue
- Troubleshooting and updates to ProLaw Report Agent and Groupware Agent for exchange services, logs and errors
- Requests for new application customizations and programs
- Custom queries and reports
- Custom triggers and data automation
- Refreshing of indexes, queries and full text search
- SQL database optimization, performance tuning, maintenance, and orphan record cleanup
Document Management Systems (DMS)
Our team of experienced DMS solution architects and business analysts possess a deep understanding of legal business practices, archiving and retention methods and information management strategies that have corporate and public sector legal entities successfully implement their electronic content management projects.
The ECM project entails everything from initial strategic planning and business case development, through to the implementation of software, change management and training, followed by the ongoing support and software upgrades.
Sophus’ training consultants can assess your organization’s training needs based on a thorough understanding of your business processes, company culture, and the required outcome as defined by your stakeholders. We will structure our delivery to focus on the goals established by your organization based on the skill levels of your staff.
Our courses are specifically designed to meet the needs of your staff and the priorities of your organization. The structure of the class is agreed upon in advance to ensure that our staff maximizes existing skill sets and experience.
Business Intelligence and Reporting
Sophus Consulting brings nearly 20 years of experience developing business intelligence and reporting solutions tailored to law departments and legal agencies. Our consultants bring decades of experience in the development and implementation of systems using the most trusted BI products including IBM Cognos and Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) as well as solution specific applications off SSRS in Prolaw© Reports. We will work with you to understand your business requirements and reporting needs. Our development method is collaborative and clear with a pedigree of successful projects. We can outline options and recommend the most appropriate solutions to meet your case management, accounting or professional workload reporting needs.
Our reporting solutions targeted to the legal industry can provide relevant reporting often already wire framed or developed from previous engagements. These include:
- Case Aging and Milestone Reports
- Professional Workload (Attorney Utilization and Productivity)
- Cost of Suit
- Client and Project specific billing analysis
- Trend analysis by area of law or matter type
Key Technologies Include:
- IBM Cognos Analytics
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Excel Template Reports Connecting to Relational Databases